Saturday, July 10, 2010

St Johns me and dad

Today morning I went to St Johns hospital to visit my friend.I hate going to hospitals and scared of injections .The word hospital itself makes me get on my nerves.That too St Johns I hate it. If there could be one movie, directed by me or story written by me, that would  on St Johns..I HATE ST JOHNs would be the movie name. For lots of people its the saviour, like temple...a holy place... including my dad, as he was brought back from his death BED can be said.

I have been a weak child in my childhood days till 1989 continuously admitted every year St Johns.In between during 1992 -1993 I was getting treated in St johns for my Kidney weakness problem..Some Red round tablets were suggested.I need to be careful about it but I am too careless..
I got admitted in the year again in 1998 just a month before my exams...last time I was admitted was in 2009 November during my friends marriage , after a cystometagraphy test and then  for CYSTS ( Multiple CYSTS) and other complications due to some side effects of tablets....

 As a child when I was admitted , I used walk around the corridors with my dad with the glucose needle inserted in my hand and that hand held high so tat nobody can touch that hand by mistake.Myself and dad walking along the corridors after my Lunch & dinner and sometimes to Chapel inside the hospital and to the book shop in the hospital itself to get color pencils and coloring book for my time pass and also the story books .This is where my reading habit got a start.

All the security guards had become my friends and they had given us special permission for me and dad walk around the hospital grounds and garden.Everyday it was routine that I light the candle infront of the Jesus outside the hospital. This was the beginning where I forgot the caste , Religion and creed and thought all god is one.

My dad my best friend be it for drinking coffee at Janata hotel or at the hospital Paediatric Ward.In 1989 it was me in Jan got admitted during Sankranthi festival , in october during deepawali dad for his URNEA operation and in december during christmas bro was admitted. Then I was just 7 year Old.When Bro got admitted I was JEALOUS why I am not admitted now instead of in Jan .Reason being bro got gift for christmas from Santa Claus  a Red Ball to play with it. I wished I would get a doll then . Whatever chocolates was given I had GULUMd it everyday during those 7 days..


Today's scene was, I saw a kid of 5 year  old and the dad holding the kid in his arms and the baby had glucose needle inserted in her wrist.I remembered the scene where myself and dad were walking that way and I used to be so excited with those needles inserted in my hand.
I had tears ....We all have our own negativities...So my dad also .I do fight When I see him wrong but yet..
I love you dad for being such an wonderful father and best friend..You are THEeeeee BEST FATHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment