Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Names and MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

My name as you all know is Roopa H S or Roopa Shivakumaraswamy ..This is how I am known generally...
Some numerologist in TV show said Roopa name is a disastrous name whose life always ends in disaster so that name should be avoided. However whatso ever my name is tolerable enough for me.
I dont know the consequences but still I am happy with my name.

There is a history behind this name.My brother who is 3 years elder to me , named me as Roopa ,there was no official naming ceremony happened , as I was born in house ,so is my name also without any ceremony happened by a then  3 year old kid.. So it remained same.After that mom and dad took me to yediyur , and named me as SIDDALINGAMMA on the name of god..As I am boon of that god.
In Japan Roopa is called as Roo oa

Some astrologer who wrote my horoscope wrote my Zodiac sign as Taurus and suggested few names
Listed below name,
Venkataratnamma
Obbavva
Uma
Venkatamma
USHA
Umamaheshwari..

and
 my brother still teases me calling me all those names..
  • In recent times , he has started calling me Anniyan for my temper...
  • Children just learning to speak would call me very cutely ....I love this..OOOpaaakka..
  • My tuition students except Shreyas calls me Akka.
  • Shreyas started calling me as akka but when he saw few northy kids calling me as Didi he started calling me DD.
  • At college was known as Roops , Buds.
  • Once I joined Infy SPS , I was as Junior cos there was another Roopa in the team and she was senior to me.
  • Tarun , Chucks and others called me Junior ,my close friends called me Roops.
  • After watching Salaam Namasthey , Noby called me as Bybes....Just for fun   & am the sister for the SPS..
  • Tarun and me were Amitabh and Rajesh Khanna fans so he called always used to repeat the dialogue from Amar Prem, then I was called as Pushpa..The dialogue goes "Pushpa , I hate Tears re".
  • Sudeep as usual we all (me and my friends call him kutte kaminey , he calls us back kaminiyaan..)
  • At College after watching Devdas Madhavi got an idea as to call me as Paaro....so I used to call her as Devdas.
  • Other than all this I am addressed as Sweetie pie Cutipie Honey by my friends Shilpa , Rachi , Kuku , Loch etc.
  • Shilpa sometimes call me as DODO, dumb.
  • Sometimes I am called as Roo...
  • My cousins who are elder to me call me as Putta Chinnu
  • My Last cousin , who I have pampered a lot , he calls me as Paaro whenever I am angry cos of his studies... When I hear this I remember Madhavi , and smile off. He always sing s that song as "arey Hey Paaro , Hele Paaro..." With this he repeats the lines as "Bhoomiyella hudukidaranu siguvudilla inta majanu, yaake bejaaru..... "and orders for coffee breakfast singing itself. 8Th std Kid he is thats it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment