Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rakshabandhan....Raakhi

As you know today is Raakhi,....This is to write about my different experiences about Raakhi festival till now.

First  Raakhi festival was in 1992' . For me then dint know what 's it all about? Mom asked me to buy raakhi and tie to my bro. Mom gave me 1 rupee. I went and brougt two raakhi's of 25 paise each. I used to be big time kunjoos.. By the way I brought two cos 1 for my brother and 1 for my doggie.
 Mom saw that and she asked how much I paid it , I said 25 paise each.She asked me why. I said one for Kiran and 1 for my doggie Blacky.She scolded me telling your bro will take care of you when you are in trouble. He wil always help you and guide you should tie him.I said rather than my bro my doggie will guard me well. Its like that mom says something I never accept it without arguement..Be it about her family or anything .We will have arguements.

After that had series of people whom I tied rakhi, anil anna, babu anna, vinay , kiran , Shreyu and Rasagnya,
Shreyu and Rasagnya I never used to miss but from last 3 years I am not able to visit them . Rasagnya is now in US with his Studies and Shreyu MBBS and he comes very late and I cant go to HSR layout at that time..Aunt will ask me to stay back.



The year 2004, It was about 11 months me joining Infy..I got moved from Linksys Tech Support to Mortgage team Fairbank(SPS ).I took hell lot of raakhis that day to office..Sudeep, Bob, Rana, Chucks, Tarun, karthik,saketh,Jammy, Kashif,Vinayak and Shashi.Shashi was on leave that day. I went to each ones cubicle and tied them Rakhi..The more fuss was created by Maamu..

Top: Sudeep, Jammy Sarika, Kumu,Kashif, Bob    Sitting:Anindya Taruna myself Noby Sampu

All other girls were laughing at me.Maamu was like No other than Tanuj and Thanmay I dnt allow anyone to tie Raakhi..I was like Please bhai Please bhai...I tied him finally after two hours of pleading..Now also my team mates call me as SISTER of payoffs.. and Few say U did a mistake by tieing raakhi if not we would be married now.hehehe they are just kidding.They really dont mean it..

Other than them I had already few brothers at Infy Sajesh Chetta, Saru, Ananda, Shashikumar TR, Raman, Hariprasad.HariSubramaniam, Aman,,Hariprasad was my guide, He was always like get into network field and he advised so much...

Next year was even more brothers were added Noby Martin Sampath Kiran Manu etc etc....Richard..

All my team girls challenged me once to tie rakhi to Chucks my manager..It was friday also , walking down from casa to building number 26 I met chucks..I just said Chucks I wanna tie Rakhi...Chucks said
" le Baandh" Hehe my team girls were wonderstruck cos I did wat was challenged..We were pestering other two girls to tie raakhi.

Almost till 2006 Hari used to come near Infyr everyyear on rakhi festival and  I used to tie him..

Last year what happened was, I was ready with raakhi to tie it to my bro, but early morning he fought with me and I said "get lost " I wont tie you and I dint tie.

I bought Rakhi yesterday , but morning I was late in taking bath so bro left early. Evening when he came I was ready to tie . He freshened up and sat . I did aarthi and tilak and he immediately he took raaki in his hand and said show me "ma I will tie it your hand and you bless me..I need your protection and guard rather than you need mine." We all started laughing .....I tied him and took blessings from him.

One more thing silly but yet strictly  followed whom ever I tie Raakhi my rakhi should be first..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment