Saturday, April 10, 2010

25th July 2008 Bangalore bomb blasts

25th July 2008 , office: 13:00 hrs Lisa barker and my manager me attending India Offsite call .Year end . Target ...billion USD .Call Kumar is talking over and one by one people logging into the call . Nora , Ashok , Deepak , Anna, Lynn me with Lisa, Ishmeet with nisha , harpreet and Sreeni.All SAM's.......
My mobile is ringing , the loan guy has come to collect cheque. Took permission and ran to give the cheque.Again in lift alone full tensed about work my past , my credits, home loan, etc etc year end tension . Want to be the best this quarter also.

Mom's calling me !! God why now? I have a call to attend which is important for me ...I picked the call finally . Hello,
amma : Ellidiyamma
Me: Office nalli yenaithu..
Amma:(full tensed) madivaladalli st johns hattira bomb blast anthe.Manege bega ba. Nimmanna helidaane.
Me :Avanu bandna
Amma: illa avanige kelasa anthe
Me:Avana kelasa imp , nanna kelasa enu , nodu ma ivathu shukravara call ide mugid takshana horadthene oki na bye.
Amma :ok bye

I get into conference room ,

S.....: Roopa how long ....K......'s been asking for you, ishmeet gave the update .Do u have anything to say?
S on call  " K....r roopa is here " u have something to say  to her..
Kumar : Hi Roopa , Hows it going  on ? I think I have nothing to say, u know the target very well am confident u will be at it .good luck
Roopa : (getting the fake smile)sure K.. I will be at it . We will get thru all the orders booked .

Lisa : K.... we will look through all orders for sure , no need to worry..Roopa is on it..I assure you.

Call ends after all updates.

Mails pop on my Laptop. I open that and read it aloud for S...and lisa ..
"Sreeni theres series of bomb blasts happening in bangalore , I will leave early and login from home".
Sreeni : How can you do that Roopa? You should be here see Products teams is working on it. U need to help them .
Roopa: Sorry Sreeni, I have my services order to get booked first later with products sorry but I need to go.
Lisa:Sreeni , think we should let the guys go home soon and ask them to login from home .
Sreeni :(Giving a nasty look at me ) sure Lisa.
Its 4 o clock out then and am trying to take a rick outside. I say Madivala , Illamma and they turn away .
Couldnt find any bus.
Mom's calling me again , me full tensed again , said her am coming and kept . At 5 , one auto driver agreed to drop me till Kormangala BDA complex..I said ok .. Whole way was praying how lucky would I be if somewhere I reach the spot of bomb blast and my body would turn into ashes in matter of few seconds..BUT god has decided everyones START DATE & EXPIRY DATE.

My phone rings again. This time Vidhya's mom ( my tuition Student) .......
Me :Hello Aunty

Vidhya 's mom : Ellidhiyamma

Me :innu viveknagarnalli aunty

Vidhya's mom: Unclena kalisala ma pick maadlikke .Hege bartheeya ? Auto yaaru bartha illa .
Ivathu tension tagobeda tuition enu beda ..neenu rest tago
My mind again swinging between the thoughts of life death , people who care for me like my parents and vidhyas parents gowra aunty shreyu Asha aunty , lochana and her mom , shilpa and her mom ..So many caring people around and I am worryng about people who dont care me like my Grand mom , my relatives many more....Why do we crave for things which we dont have and we dont stay happy with what we have?

Again my prayers started pls god pls god pls take me off today in some blast when i walk back from BDA complex..
I reached home at 5:45PM .As soon as I entered , mom prepared me hot hot filter coffee.... I started sipping it after washing my face and legs... felt relaxed.. Took up my laptop to login and start my job for completing my target for the year end sales.... Woooooow numbers just took me off my senses... ....billion dollars in 36 hours needs to be booked, lots are awaiting the Finance controller's approval....My laptops battery is getting low.Damn it...I searched & fiddled my bad over and over again..GOOD GRACIOUS !!! my charger is missing Damn it..  Damn it ......Where did it go ? I remembered finally it was in the conference room where we took our concall..OMG!!!.. I got up said mom i ma going to office to get my charger ....Mom stopped me but I dint hav time for waiting to answer her or ask her full permission ..Ran thru the street to catch up with a rick agaiin to office..
Sir brunton road bartheera...
Took the rick .

Rick passd thru the St Johns bus stop .....Full media people buzzing around like bees on the divider announcing looking at the spot where the first blast happened and the lady got killed..
What a job my mind said? Wow why ever I dint get into this job ? Doing a job which is not adventurous though I am getting fame and rewards....But working on jobs like being at such spots without fearing for life..
Here I dint fear Death but I feared living ahead of my life..NO god I dont want life..Even if i should for a day in this day pls do it..

Finally reached office ..Mom calling again


Where are you ? Mom's yelling at me?
Mom office , without my laptop charger I cant work and its important I stay online these two days mom pls understand .

Mom again shouting, "Roopa do u know you are girl and girls need to fear a bit also..You fearless lady dont u have compassion for us.."City is under threat of bomb blast and you cant sit home carefully. If this is the job u better quit and sit at home ..No need to work.. I said " Ok mom will quit after my Year end now pls keep the phone down " Am already tensed.

I take the charger and speak to Lisa and take leave of her..agian back on roads asking for every rick ..This time I find noone..OK finally decided will take bus . Got into 201..Hmm safe sound...Now in bus listening  to FM forgot all that worries I had,,Now only worry shooting in front of my eyes was ....Billion USD orders to be booked in 35 hours... GOD PLS HELP ME...

I think of that very day , I feel my thoughts so stupid.. my mom thinks of that day I just get blastings only .
and appreciation that I am daring ..Am I Daring ?.....who dint want to fight life and wanted to die..

No comments:

Post a Comment